Friday, August 31, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Ever get tired of hearing them talk in terms you never know what the heck they mean???
I am creating a list with terms that not only have a meaning to them, but also to us!!!
To make things clear, I created this cartoon...
The list is somewhere around (I suspect her), I will place it here asap...
Friday, August 24, 2007
As you know by now, the majority of readers of this blog are women... And every now and then I get rewarded for commenting, critize or ridiculing my wife's hobby...
Here is another example:
Sorry for the altered sign, but hey... I cannot display a sign saying "Girl", now can I?
So now that I actually got a Rockin' Dude Blogger sign, here are the NOMINEES:
Wes Thompson: the only dude that came out of the Brown Paperbag and let the world see he scrapped!
Eric: This dude makes some pretty pictures!
Mr. Grendel: Wise cracks & coffee, read some of his stories (makes me smile)!
And last but not least: Michael: where does the dude get that eye from...
Feel free to use the new sign... altough I doubt anyone will... I am however very curious 'bout who they might nominate... Just wait and see!
BTW: Check this!
|I Am 100% Weird|
I'm more than quirky, I'm downright strange.
But I'm also strangely compelling, like a cult leader.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Hey, How was your weekend?
Mine was busy... Saturday she had to shop with a couple of her scrapping friends at the wholeseller...While I had to go to swimming lessons with Michael (and Colin had to tag along) and do the shopping... In the afternoon a scrapping friend came over with husband & kid (luckely he is a friend of mine)...
Sunday! She had to go to some workshop by Dawn Inskip... Brought home some stuff... Really thought she had enuff! Me & the Boys had a lazy sunday... them in their PJ's and playing games on the Vtech or PC... Even dragged me in to help them out every once in a while...
Monday she cleaned out part of the attic that was stocked with stuff that can be used to scrap, but just sat there collecting dust...
Today! she is meeting one of her scrapbooking friends to go (window) shopping...
As for today I suggest she buys nothing...
I guess it will be wishful thinking...
Friday, August 17, 2007
Usually means scrapbook conventions and you guessed right:
Here comes another scrapbook gathering...
Which of course leaves me with 2 kids to entertain. What better way to entertain than to let them play games... Nintendo Vtech or Xbox... As long as that leaves me time to setup the Media Centre!
And to start off your weekend with a smile: Watch this!!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
REMINDER: I AM NOT NAMING ANYONE SO NO ONE SHOULD FEEL OFFENDED
Y'all know them: those women with those big SLR cameras around their necks snapping pictures of everything their kids do... Making like a million pics of their sprouts... And to make all those pics they have loads of memory cards... BUT WHAT DO THEY DO WHEN ALL THOSE CARDS ARE FULL???
They buy a picture tank! (for those of you who do not know: it's a portable harddisk with battery, card slots and... MOST IMPORTANT: 1 action button - IT'S MADE FOR WOMEN!!!)
And once they get home they hook it up to they PC and guess what... THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET THE PICS OFF!!! and who are they gonna call??? ME!!! and who got that tank to work??? ME AGAIN!!! and who burned those pics on a DVD so they only have to copy them back to their PC??? OF COURSE ME AGAIN!!!
I just hope that they know how to use that dvd...
Women and technique... I guess it's just NOT DONE...
Friday, August 10, 2007
Here's a short list on (my view of) her creed's:
- Never leave home without at least one camera, every day is a potential photo opportunity.
- No scrap of paper bigger than the smallest punch shall be thrown away.
- Always be there for your fellow scrappettes to offer help, advise or support or just an ear for venting... But what about the husband?
- Gently remind your family (as they're frantically running from her & her camera) that they will thank you someday for the memories.
- Tolerate (my) your husband's comments as to the amount of money she spends. You may NOT point out that I have lots of tools, or the latest fishing, golf, boating, etc. accessory known to mankind.
- Do not envy your neighbor's Silhouette, alphabet punches, doodlecutter, etc. (at least not openly).
- Plan all family vacations to places that have at least one Local Scrapbooking Store.
- Always have at least one album in prominent view at all times should company just happen to drop by.
- Faithfully measure your paper stash and run, not walk, to LSS when pile dips below 6".
- Do not show your (and my) children the floor plan she has to convert their room for scrapping until they get kicked out of the house.
- Take at least one picture of yourself weekly so that my grandchildren will know you really was young once.
- Be forever thankful to Mr. Kodak for his wonderful invention.
- When (I) your husband is old and gray and reminiscing through your scrapbooks you will refrain from saying "I told you you would appreciate my obsession someday." Then you'll snap off some pics of (me) him in (my) his rocker!
And about that grey...
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
She is doing some scrapping in her Scrap-room when I walked in and I immediately started yelling:
CAREFUL! CAREFUL! MORE GLUE! SHIFT IT UP! TURN! TURN! MORE GLUE! MORE RIBBON! GLUE, MORE GLUE! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? YOU'RE GONNA SPILL! TURN! TURN! MORE GLUE! HURRY! HURRY! TURN! TURN! NOW! TOO MUCH GLUE! TOLD YOU SO! TURN! WAY TOO MUCH GLUE! MORE RIBBON! YOU'RE USING TOO FEW RIBBON! AND TOO FEW EMBELLISHMENTS! AND TOO FEW RUB-ONS!.....
She doesn't know what is happening and yells back: "Why are you yelling at me? What's the matter with you?"
I turn around as I walk from her scrap-room and calmly explain her: "Just to make clear how it feels you seated beside me while I am driving the car".
Friday, August 3, 2007
Today my youngest son is celebrating his 4th birthday... FINALLY!!! Now he can attend school as well! He's been jumping up and down to go to school ever since he's been 3 years and 9 months...
Tonight we'll been dining at the place of his choice... Normally we get to eat at Burger King or MacDonald's, but he picked The Eleventh Command (Noordwijk), 'cuz they serve "Snowy White & the 7 Dwarfs" (7 nuggets, french fries & an ice cream).
Tomorrow we'll be celebrating his birthday with a small party as most of our (and his) friends are of to holidays abroad... GUESS WHAT!
If you don't have enough friends, invite your scrapping friends!!! Well... she will be kinda mislead... The friends that come over are both quite handy with a camera, so I will have a nice talk with both of them as I am lookin' for a new camera. Should I buy a Nikon or Canon? Let me know what you think!
Back on the subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!!
BubbaH! Proud dad of Colin (and Michael)