Monday, April 23, 2007

DT Lunch

First things first: I got Tagged... Can anyone explain me how tag works??? I always thought that tags are those things that coroners hang on your big toe to identify your body... BUT WHO AM I??? I need to tell you 10 weird things about me... I have to elelaborate on my answers...

You want the thruth??? You Can't Handle The Truth!!! (Imaging Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men)... I will tell you my soul searching findings tomorrow!

Back on the subject: How come that she enjoys those lunches and I have to suffer...

Early in the morning Michael was probably thinking to himself that I was (nearly) finished with Mom's room and had some time to spare, so he pulled the roller-blind all the way up while balancing on the window-sill... And what does happen to kids when they're balancing??? YES THEY FALL, but they also hang on to whatever they're holding... So he pulled down the entire roller-blind...

Second of all we (me and the boys) had to leave the house (really early - like 9 AM) to make room for loads of women and women-talk... But hey! I had a surprise planned for the boys: we went to the Zoo (Blijgaarde Rotterdam). In front of that zoo is a huge pound with lots of fish, so we brought lots of old bread to feed them, even had enough to spread the joy among some other kids (that where there with BOTH parents)... The Zoo was so busy (traffic jam in the shark-tank) that we left after 3 hours! We then went to my parents-in-law to drop off Colin. He spends almost every sunday/monday with them (either here or there). Spend some time sitting in the backyard, have terrible coffee...

We went home, to see how thing were over there... (sounds dramatic?) Still crowded, so Michael wanted to play soccer, along came the neighbour kid and we spend about 2 hours on footy... The neighbour kid can shoot really hard, which I found out the hard way!!! I tried to block one of his shots with my foot... and BRUISED MY TOE!!! It was all swollen and black and blue and hurts like ****...

I have a "sick-leave" day to rest my toe (which is already doing better - thank you) 'cause I couldn't cycle to work! YES CYCLE!!! I am in the fortunate position that I only work a couple of KM away, so I can ride the bike to work, which is generally faster than the car during rush hour!!!

Anywayz! I still have to find a way to way to hang the roller-blind back up as Colin is coming home in the afternoon and is going to sleep in his own bed (Michael slept there last night)...

BUT HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND!?!

BubBAH!

1 comment:

Daffie Online said...

Dear Bubbah,

I admire your tolerance of letting your wife inviting huge groups of women in to your house every now and then.
Thinks that's what they call true love ;-)

Good luck with your toe...